Monday, November 14, 2011

Dairy, Egg and Nut Free Pumpkin Pancakes

Well, I apologize for not posting in months!!!  I have started a new part time job and although I have been working on new recipes, I have not had them ready to post.  I hope that you have all still been baking and creating treats for your loved ones.  As usual around here, my husband has been telling me to stop baking and making a mess (I know, he was born without a sweet tooth!)


Lately, I have been trying out some new pumpkin recipes.  These pancake came out nicely, however only 2 of my 3 kids liked them.  Oh well, more for me to eat!



Ingredients
1 ¼ c all-purpose flour
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tsp b powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger                                                                     
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
dash of ground cloves
1 c soymilk
6 tbs canned pumpkin puree
1/3 c canola oil

Measure the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl and stir.  Make a well in the center and add the soymilk, pumpkin puree, and canola oil.  Gently whisk together the batter.  Melt some soybutter in a skillet over medium heat.  Spoon batter by the ladleful onto the hot skillet and cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side.  Serve with soybutter and Vermont maple syrup. Makes 8 to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment